Today’s hot topic is CC creams!
BB creams, CC creams, DD creams! They’re everywhere and what’s so great about them? Springs right around the corner and I’m sure we are all looking for the perfect day time face makeup to beat the heat. A few weeks ago we talked about the power of BB creams. The ability of a having an all-in-one product.
What’s the difference between a BB cream and a CC cream? CC creams stands for “Color Correcting”. A tinted moisturizer that has skin care provided to help over time even out skin tone.
On to the Review. . .
Studio Gear CC Cream SPF 20
Click Here to order product [X]
Studio Gear $32 is a prestigious high-end brand that is sold in most department stores, HSN, and ULTA.
This CC cream states to have a light-weight, smooth formula yet fights aging, adds moisture while treating blemishes ,and protecting your skin from the sun. –with a radiant finish more ideal for the non-oily skin.
Product has 3 shades to pick from and contains 1.1 FL OZ. or 33 ML
Sounds pretty magical! Let’s see if it live up to its claims.
Photo: from Studiogear.com
- Protects: SPF 20 protects the skin, while Hydra-Extend technology provides moisture for up to 72 hours.
- Perfects: Enjoy natural looking coverage while micro-encapsulated pigments perfects and fade dark spots and acne scarring.
- Corrects: Anti-aging and collagen building ingredients help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrates: Hydra-Extend technology provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration.
- Conceals: Micro encapsulated pigments deliver a fresh dose of color that adapts to your own skin tone, creating the most natural looking coverage.
- Smoothes: Skin nourishing ingredients help to correct and maintain youthful complexion.
Posted in Makeup, Reviews, Skin Care
Tagged BB cream, beauty, Beauty blog, Beauty tips, CC cream, makeup, skin care, Studio Gear, Studio Gear CC cream
I’m pretty excited for this since it’ll be great way for my viewers to know me and for fellow bloggers to get to know each other! Getting a nomination is always a good thing =)
The goal of the Liebster Award is to help generate attention toward upcoming bloggers. Participating comes with some rules, but they’re fun ones!
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
- Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
L’Oreal Youth Code™ Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream – Review
Today’s topic is Creams…. Day creams… Night Creams… Whatever! I can’t stress out how important skin care routines are. We don’t want to be 18 going on 80! (I’m sorry for anyone I might offend). The earlier you start the better for your skin. I highly recommend anyone men or women to start using anti-aging skin care at the age of 25. Enough with the blabbering let’s move on to the review.
The L’Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector is a new line from L’Oreal which retails for $25. When I heard the hype I had to give it a chance. I’ve seen tons of reviews about the serum texture perfector but not so much on the day/night cream.
Posted in Drugstore, Reviews, Skin Care
Tagged beauty, Beauty blog, day cream, drugstore cosmetics, L'Oreal, L’Oreal Youth Code™ Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream, night cream, skin care, ulta
BOO!!! We don’t like playas!!! Well! In this case we do! Sometimes, we get sucked into commercials and ads so often we rush out and buy products that we pretty much already have at home. You’ll be surprised when you go through your old makeup drawers and see you’ll find =)
Wet N Wild Shimmery eye primer $4.99 (varies), Cream Products, This is overall cream products (Does not have to be this brand or specifically this product) . This product was made for prepping your eye shadows
- Use on top of cheek bones or brow bone for high lighter
- Apply product on top on the center of your eye shadow-This would enlarge your eyes.
- Apply on top of cupids bow OR center of your bottom lip to enhance your lips.
Oils (This one is ACEITE 3)- This ranges anywhere from almond oil, coconut oil, castor, olive, jojoba oil, NOT Vegetable cooking oil!, Prices may vary $0.99-$5.99.
Oils are a SUPER-playa (LOL), not only is it great at multi-tasking you probably have some laying around the house so no need to go to the store. They can be picked up at your local pharmacy (CVS or Walgreens) or regular stores (Walmart or Target).
- Hair Serum
- Cuticle oil
- Eyelash serum- Don’t expect Kim K lashes but I apply a small amount nightly and noticed the missing patches are filling in.
- Dry patches for skin- Do not over apply you will be oily.
- Eye/lip makeup remover
- Lip balm
Fluffy Eye brush, (No specific brand-This one is Sonia Kashuk), Once again probably already in your collection. If not they are easily located –Unless you live in middle of nowhere or the jungle. Ranges from high-end or pharmacy-Or once again Walmart. Favorite affordable brand: Eco tools, Real Techniques, and Sonia Kashuk.
Alternative uses: – OR ways of using
- Applying OR blending shadow
- Blending Concealer
- Applying highlighter
- Applying/blending bronzer
- Applying cream products- eye primer
Concealers– Again, you should already have in your collection. Usually when you think of concealers you think covering blemishing but they are so much more.
- Of course covering imperfections- dark circles and blemishes
- Eye primer
- High lighting (lighter shades) , Contouring (darker shades)
- Shaping brows- applying skin tone shade or lighter on areas of the brow making them more define and no needing to pluck extra hairs.
BB Creams– This guy is natural a playa, He is MADE to be multi-function. What is a BB cream?? Foundation + Skin care= BB Cream. That’s right! Skin care in your makeup making your foundation/tinted moisturizer healthier for your skin! You can pick them up at your local drugstore or simply make your own.
Ingredients: Foundation, Moisturizer, Skin care product (SPF or light serum or day cream)
- Tinted moisturizer- for work days- Use less foundation for light coverage
- Foundation- Opposite use more for MORE coverage-for night time or days that need it.
- Skin care- While its covering it’s also good for your skin- the SPF blocks sun while the moisturizer keeps it hydrated.
- Face PRIMER- Keeping your face even toned or making your making your makeup last longer.
These are the few multi-task products I have to show you guys today. Multi-uses aren’t just great for saving $$ but they’re a fun way to get creative. There is no limit with beauty!! So before you start playa hating, think outside the box. =) Tell me what are your multi-use products!
Have a wonderful day
Posted in Brushes, Makeup, Recommendations, Skin Care
Tagged bb creams, Beauty blog, concealer, cream products, fluffy brush, makeup, Multi-task beauty, Multi-use beauty products, oils, skin care