Guess What Today is ?!?
I’ll give you a clue… it has to do with colorful beads and lots of happy people.. You’ve guessed it… It’s Mardi Gras. Usually when people think Mardi Gras they think about the music, parades, picnics, floats and excitement in New Orleans.
For those of you who don’t know… Mardi gras is the carnival celebration due to the French, Spanish, and other colonial influences on the settlements over the history. It is also known as “Fat Tuesday“.
Did you know that more than 500,000 king cakes are sold each year during the Mardi Gras celebration? King cakes colorful cakes with a plastic baby inside to represent baby Jesus.Now these days you can even order king cakes online.
So your wondering? What does this has to do with my beauty blog? Good question, Mardi Gras involves tons of colorful costumes and bright makeup. What a great chance for me to show you guys how to get creative at home.
This is the look I came up with for my Mardi Gras mask look. The lights kind of wash away the makeup so I am hoping you’ll be able to see it.
Click on photo to enlarge to see detailed work.
I’m pretty excited for this since it’ll be great way for my viewers to know me and for fellow bloggers to get to know each other! Getting a nomination is always a good thing =)
The goal of the Liebster Award is to help generate attention toward upcoming bloggers. Participating comes with some rules, but they’re fun ones!
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
- Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
“The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given to you by your blogger peers, for writing quality posts that have somehow touched them, having good quality photographs, and the uniqueness of the subjects covered. The award is to honor the bloggers who bring something special to your life.”
Another award!! the same week! I have to say I’m pretty proud considering when I first started I had lots of doubts in myself but with the support of family and friends and fellow bloggers they’ve helped me achieve to keep blogging. and by the title of this award it made me extra proud =)
I want to thank Kassidy aka koncealedbeauty for nominating me. She’s gorgeous, fun, and great at blogging. Her reviews on new products are helpful and awesome! Thanks Kassidy! I really appreciate this award. Check out her blog ❤
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Display the award certificate.
- Announce your win and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 13 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in this post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things about ME
- All my sisters and I have the same middle name
- I’m always on some kind of diet
- As a child I suffered from a skin disease called Vitiligo
- I am blind without glasses or contacts
- One of my best memories was when I won teacher’s favorite student award. I was 4 out of the whole school.
- I’m horrible at math
- I love scary/horror movies
Jules AKA Forvanityssake
Justine AKA shortisthenewblack
Lucy AKA Miz LuLu
You girls are doing an amazing job, keep doing what your doing and keep Blogging !!!
Have a wonderful day
I got my first award ! =)
not bad for someone who just started! pretty exciting…
I like to take time to thank Jules aka For Vanity’s Sake. Jules was the first person to be-friend me on blogging. So Thank you Jules! Her blog is ah-Mazing! she totally knows what shes doing when it comes to fashion and blogging! Check out her blog! ❤
UPDATE: I am a TWO time nominee! I also got nominated by Tarah Saint aka AdornedInArmor. She’s the sweetest girl. Thankyou! Check out her blog! ❤
If you would like to accept and forward the award on, the “Shine On” Award rules are:
- Display the award logo to your blog.
- Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
- My favorite scents are fresh scents. MMmmmm… MINT.
- Crowded places overwhelm me
- I hate being short
- I only listen to electronic/dubstep music
- My car is way overdue for an oil changer
- I feel awkward wearing red lipsticks
- I am behind on blogging and wedding planning
Loved and Lost
inspire me mon ami
adorned in armor
Shine on bloggers, Shine on !!!
Welcome to Beauty Sins,
Where we share our guilty pleasure for all things beauty. Join me on this journey of tips & tricks, reviews and advice. As a beauty hoarder, I feel what better way to share our passion and common interest than to start a blog! I would love to hear your thoughts and feelings as we go along…
Have a wonderful day !