Yes, that was what they used to call me. Let’s just say I had waterproof makeup on and forgot my makeup remover at home. Talk about a disaster. Today, Imma teach you how to “NOT” look like this.
- Day Eye Cream: Eye cream helps smooth out the concealer and decreases the chance of the concealer caking up since it’s hydrated.
- Eye Primer: To help with concealer creasing throughout the day.
- Setting Powder: To DUH set the concealer. So the concealer won’t move.
- Pink/Salmon/Peach Concealer: The pink salmon undertone helps cancel out the blue/purple dark circle.
- Blending Tools: Either stippling brush/ fluffy brush/ synthetic brush/ OR simply your fingers.
– This is not my hand.
Let’s start with the BEFORE photo. YIKES.
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, in Medium & brightener, Since I don’t own a pink undertone concealer I “mixed” a brightener which is completely pink with a skin tone concealer.
(NO Photos for Steps 1-4) I figure you won’t be able to see it since its clear.
- Apply day eye cream.
- Allow eye cream set for a minute or so.
- Apply eye primer.
- Allow eye primer to sink in for a minute or so.
- Apply PINK concealer from inner corner of eye to outer corner of eye.
- PAT in the pink concealer, OR use blending brush to blend pink concealer.
- Apply skin tone concealer over the pink concealer but do not apply over highlighted area such as the cheekbone.
- – If you own a skin tone concealer with pinkish undertone you can skip this step.
- Blend skin concealer by patting or blending brush.
- SET concealer with powder. (luminous, light-weight, preferable loose powder)
- Do not apply YELLOW tone concealer directly under the eyes. Yellow causes the blue undertone dark circles to stand out more.
- Cream/liquid concealers are best for underneath the eyes.
- If you are using liquid foundation, then you apply foundation first THEN concealer.
- If you are using powder foundation, apply concealer THEN powder foundation.
- For natural look (daytime, work, school) apply pink tone concealer THEN skin tone.
- For dramatic look (nighttime, date, going out) apply skin tone THEN pink concealer.
Let’s compare shall we…
As you can see it covered my dark circles. There is still a shadow but it’s because I don’t recommend using a heavy duty concealer because it would cause it to look cakey and unnatural. You’re better off having a slight shadow under the eye than dry cakey under eyes.
Thank you once again for reading my blog. I hope you find this helpful. Let’s just say I won’t ever forget my makeup wipes ever again. Till then don’t be a victim of “Coon eyes”.